Training Information for Your State
Do you have questions?
The most effective way to receive support is by clicking on the Live Student Support Chat on the bottom right side of the screen.
STARS ID Numbers
STARS ID numbers are required to record completed STARS training. Provide us with your STARS ID number on the evaluation form at the end of the training.
If you already have a STARS ID number, it can easily be looked up on the MERIT website by just typing your last name and birth date in the search fields under "Find My STARS ID". It is not necessary to log into your MERIT account to find your STARS ID number if you have one already.
Do you need help with obtaining a STARS ID?
We now offer a FREE STARS class to help * 1 2 3 A STARS ID - Enroll Now
STARS ID numbers are obtained on the MERIT website, and it only takes about 10 minutes to apply online and you receive it immediately.
If you do not yet have a STARS ID:
There are two parts to obtaining a STARS ID. Be sure to complete both steps. Often times people complete the first, and then think that they are done.
- Create a MERIT profile
- To create a MERIT profile, go here: MERIT Registration
- Fill out all the required information, you will have a MERIT profile, and can proceed to the next step
- Check your email for the registration confirmation from MERIT
- Complete STARS ID Application
- Log in to your MERIT profile here: MERIT Sign In
- Once you are logged in, click on the tab on the top menu that says ‘Applications.’ On that page, click on the top application that says ‘STARS ID Number.’
- Complete that application, and you will immediately be assigned a STARS ID.
- To find your STARS ID, click on the menu tab that says ‘My Profile,’ and then the sub-tab that says ‘Account Information.’ Your STARS ID will be in the ‘Personal Information’ area on that page.
Any further concerns about your STARS ID number, should be directed to MERIT at 1.866.482.4325 and choose option 8. Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to give the trainer your name and/or STARS ID and keep all original certificates for your records; provide only a copy of certificates to the requestor.
What if I don't have a STARS ID number?
A student can receive a certificate without a STARS ID number, however it will not earn STARS credit and will say on the certificate that it is not for STARS.
For STARS credit, the STARS ID number must be provided on the evaluation form at the end of the training.
This web site is owned by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC, an independent training organization.